Please see The Bridge Alternative Provision policy for Attendance in the "policies" section of the website.
Key Points for parents/carers
- Pupils should attend school unless there is a valid medical reason or appointment
- Parents/carers should contact The Bridge at the start of the day if a pupil is absent
- Parents/carers will receive a text if no call/message is received, as a reminder to contact school
- Absence levels that cause concern or appear to follow a pattern will be referred to the Education Welfare Officer at The Bridge
- Parents/carers will receive a monthly letter informing them of their child's attendance level, colour rated as "red, amber or green", see policy for levels
- Pupils are encouraged to achieve 100% attendance in our monthly prize draw, tickets are awarded weekly so keep up the effort!
- Pupils should be on time
- Punctuality is important to ensure pupils don't miss form time activities and possibly start the day on a negative footing
- Where pupils "miss" the contracted transport, parents/carers should make every effort to bring their child to school via private or public transport